Auvergne Rhône-Alpes represents the second region that produces the most fruit with more than 25,000 hectares of greenhouses and just under 10,000 farms counted. In Porte de DrômArdèche, fruit is grown and sold almost roof throughout the year: from the cherry in May to January with the pear.
The so-called “stone fruits”. You will be able to find apricots where the Drôme region is the leader for the possession of orchards, or cherry trees that allow the region to be second largest producer of cherries in France, cherries start to be picked and eaten usually in May/June. We also find the peaches, the abricots, in the Rhone Valley, the production of peaches in this region represents about 20% of the production in France.
The basket of flavors
Store regrouping 24 producers who propose you fruits, vegetables, cheeses, fruit juices. of quality and season. The fruits are picked at maturity and have not undergone any long transport. They are beautiful, juicy, full of taste and full of vitamins.
This mousse is to be made in July/August during the apricot season. It is important to prepare it in advance, about 2 hours, so that it is fresh when you eat it. Serve chilled with homemade cookies.
Based on 4/6 people | Very easy.
500 gr apricots
50 + 50 gr brown sugar
20 gr maizena
-Prepare the apricot puree: in a saucepan cook the washed and pitted apricots with 50 g of sugar and 100 ml of water for 10 minutes and puree them.
– Separate the egg whites from the yolks in 2 bowls.
– Work the yolks with the remaining 50 g of sugar.
– When the mixture becomes creamy, add the cornstarch, then 200 ml of water and the mixed apricot purée.
– Pour into a saucepan and bring to a boil over low heat, stirring.
– Remove from heat at first broth when mixture thickens.
– Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold into the hot mixture.
– Let cool and refrigerate for about 2 hours.